Pages

6.05.2016

Summer!

Last week we got our I-800 approval from USCIS in the mail (the next big step!). We weren't expecting it for another month and anytime things go faster than expected in this process it is a miracle that we are so thankful for. I think the quick turn around with that document has us feeling extra excited and urgent about the rest of the process happening as quickly as we can possibly help it happen. As my best guess, I think this puts us traveling in October and that will be the same time of year we traveled to get Simon two years ago. (feels like 5 years ago). Also, I can't believe that we will most likely have Louie here for Christmas. My heart is so anxious and grateful and hopeful. I am constantly thinking about little Louie. I am aching to hold him and have him be real to us, and then I'm at the same time thinking through him being here and planning in my mind. At the grocery store I was thinking about how when Louie is here maybe I'll wear him in the Ergo and push Simon in the cart with Georgia in tow. Or I could just go late at night when they are all in bed. 

We are keeping busy while we wait. Good thing it's summer. We found a new park we love up the canyon in the mountains we live by. It has a stream that runs through it where the kids can play and be wild. Last time we went they built dams to try and make a pool to swim in and then when that didn't work they built tiny houses out of leaves and branches. I followed Simon around because he is sneaky and fast and adventurous, until he is tired, and then he just sits and watches and sucks on his thumb. Georgia has become a nature enthusiast and spent her time watering the plants with water she brought from the stream in a paper cup. Anna built a fairy house. Max built a house for tiny dragons, and Charlie found bugs to lure the dragons there. When everyone started fighting and the magical spell was broken, I decided it was time to go and then I locked the keys in the car. We called and then waited for Taylor, who was luckily available to come save the day. So we are having summer adventures.