Pages

9.01.2015

10




Last month we celebrated our 10th anniversary and I feel like it just happened to fall right at the end of a kind of  chapter in our lives. We have been through a lot in the last 10 years, just like any couple who is living life together, and looking back keeps making me cry. (which is normal around here) I'm glad I didn't know what we were getting into ten years ago, and all of the events that would take place--happy and hard, because I think I would have been too overwhelmed and afraid to move forward. We did it, though. We made it through what these past 10 years held: degrees and moves, and new responsibilities, fertility and infertility, ups and downs and new jobs and old jobs, parenting (sheesh), fatigue and anxiety and disappointments and surprise blessings. I am so thankful for this man who has been by me no matter how I'm handling real life. Sometimes it's really not pretty and he still loves me. He is kind and brave and funny and my best friend. I can't wait for more and more anniversaries that I can cry about.