Pages

7.04.2015

Land of the Free

We had a fun day of celebrations and tonight I am feeling so grateful for this country we live in. The fun and fireworks and special events have been even more meaningful this year as I watch Simon, now a US citizen with rights and freedoms and all of the things that we are blessed with because we live in this nation. My heart is full of appreciation and amazement and feelings of hope. I love the familiar words, "God bless America, land that I love. Stand beside her and guide her through the night with the light from above." I am thankful that I live in a land where my family can thrive because of the freedoms we enjoy. God bless America. 

Up early to see the hot air balloons

Looking quite chipper at 6:30 in the morning. 


At the neighborhood party and parade.

Simon's scary love face. (when he loves you so much he's going to squish you)


Taylor was kind of like the self-appointed grand marshal of the parade.




Sparklers! They make me so nervous. 

Happy Fourth of July!