Pages

5.14.2015

Temple Day

Last weekend we were able to be sealed to Simon in the LDS Provo Utah Temple. We finalized the adoption on Wednesday, May 6th and went to the temple on Saturday May 9th so that Simon could be sealed to me and Taylor and be part of our family forever. I am thankful for the amazing blessings of the temple and of families. I am thankful that my children were able to feel the peaceful spirit in a sacred place that is profoundly special to me. Those are the kinds of peaceful feelings I wish we had in our home all the time. We can work on that, possibly. I love being in the temple and being there with all of our beautiful children as a family were some of the most tender moments of my life. I hope they remember it forever, and I hope they all five know how much we love them. I am thankful for a Father in Heaven and a Savior who love me--I feel that love in the temple. 

It was an  emotional week for me of looking back on all the things we've experienced to get Simon here. I am amazed at the tender mercies and help from heaven we have received these last six months. I am amazed that we adopted a sweet little boy from Hong Kong. I did not foresee that in our future a few years ago, and I am so thankful that Simon is part of my life now. It has been a challenging six months as we have all worked to adjust and also a period of time that I know we will look back on with such happy, precious memories (and butterflies in our stomachs). It was hard to wait for six months to feel like he was finally 100% ours forever, but I am also so thankful for where we are now in the process of adjusting compared to where we have been. 

We were thankful to be surrounded on Saturday by so many people we love. Our kids stuck gold when it comes to grandmas and grandpas an aunts and uncles. We had a crowd at our house after the sealing and I was so thankful for every single person there. Here are a few pictures of our special day.