Pages

5.12.2015

Back to blogging because....

I really love writing about my family and my life, but I've been doing that somewhere else the last few months because I couldn't share what I wanted to about Simon and our adoption until it was finalized. I, however, am back. I have missed it. It turns out that writing about my life makes me like my life more. Hopefully this is not because I'm faking a beautiful life, but because I am finding the beauty in my life. (My life is really normal, which means kind of hectic and stressful and scary and not perfect sometimes.) I'm thankful for a place to share all the moments that I want to. Here are a few from this last week that happen to be some pretty amazing moments in my life.

One week ago our adoption was finalized, which  means it's a done deal, legally. Can you believe it? I can. That was a long process to get here--really, really long. As we met at the courthouse, I was feeling so full of emotions. I was finally letting go of some of the nagging fears that had been present since we began our adoption two years ago, (fears of losing this little boy that I know is supposed to be part of our family) and I was finally done with the process of becoming Simon's mom. He is now a Davis (Simon Kent Davis) and we are so thankful for him. 


Here is the group that came to court with us. Kind of a rowdy bunch. 

This is us arriving at the court house and going through security. The kids were quite impressed with this whole experience. 

A little excited.


Simon just really wanted to talk in the microphone. He squirmed all over the place and it was apparent that he has lots of energy. 

Simon Kent Davis with his family and our nice judge. 

Such a big, happy day in the history of our family.