Pages

10.25.2014

Traveling!!!

We are traveling!!! We heard last week that we had tentative dates to be in Hong Kong from November 3rd to the 8th and yesterday those dates were confirmed and we booked our flights to Hong Kong! Can you believe it? I think part of me has been having a hard time believing this was really going to happen, but it is! I am so happy and relieved. I feel like I have been holding my breath for the last year and a half and it is finally feeling very, very real. I slept so well last night for the first time in a while, just knowing that our trip was planned. We leave this coming Friday and will get there in time to have a day to rest and sight see and go to church before we meet Simon on Monday. I can't wait to see him and hold him and be his mom. Thank you for all the support and prayers and well wishes. We are feeling so excited and thankful and excited and really anxious. Six days until we are on our way!

In other news we threw ourselves a little Halloween party tonight since Taylor and I will be en route on the big day. The pictures of dinner are on Taylor's phone which probably means they will never make it onto the blog, but first we had pizza by spooky candle light with three ninjas and a princess-kitty. Second, we changed out of our costumes and into old T-shirts and carved these amazing pumpkins which we are very proud of. Now we are tired.

I ran so many errands today. My mind is kind of a constant buzz right now of things I want to do or remember before we leave, either to get us ready to meet Simon or to get the kids ready for a week without mom and dad. This is such an adventure and an exciting journey. I never imagined that we would do anything like this and I'm so thankful for this experience.

I will keep updating the blog, but won't be able to post pictures here of Simon until we finalize our adoption, which will be a few months after we get home. That's kind of rough. (just the rules for Hong Kong adoption) I am able to post pictures on a private group the I created on Facebook, so let me know if you are on Facebook and you'd like me to add you to that group!

Thanks for reading about our good news. Happy Halloween!