Pages

6.15.2017

Summer and our Pop Up

I really love summer. I'm so excited that the kids are home all day, every day, all of the kids, every day. I am just so tired every night and they eat so much. I love our summer days together, though. I think I make the big kids feel a little smothered by my enthusiasm and I'm trying to back off, but I just get so excited to have them to myself.

One thing that we thought would be fun, and still might be, but right now just feels mostly burdensome, is that we bought a pop up trailer. We did. We'd been thinking about it for a while and we just looked on craigslist and bought one. And we bought a trailer hitch for our car and had it installed, and we bought fabric to recover the cushions in the trailer, and we bought a lot of flashlights because you need them when you camp, and we bought bedspreads because we're going to "GLAMP" and we bought fabric to replace the old curtains, and we had the hitch rewired because we didn't know what we were doing the first time, and we put the trailer up and down about 7 dozen times, and we cleaned it out really well and then filled it up with a bunch of "camping stuff" and bought a couple kayaks to go on top. I'm just ready to actually go camping with it so that we'll know if this was a really good idea or a really bad one, and that is going to happen in two days. We are taking our little pop up for it's maiden camping trip to celebrate Father's Day and my birthday. I will have to report on the whole experience. I'm trying to remain calm.


Here are some pictures of our summer adventuring so far--Dripping rock trail, Manilla Pond, and lots of backyard time.