Pages

1.06.2014

Reece's Rainbow

We had a very happy Christmas and New Year and I am going to post about it soon! For today, though, we just got the cutest pictures of our little boy in Hong Kong this morning in an email update and it made my day. I really wish I could post some of the pictures that I have of him, but because of rules about privacy, I'm not able to. Instead, I will just say that this little two-year old boy we are working hard on adopting has such a contagious smile and the more pictures I see of him the more anxious I am to meet him.

I also wanted to mention an organization that we have learned about and come to appreciate through our adoption proccess--Reece's Rainbow. Their purpose is to advocate for and help find families for orphans with Down syndrome. You can learn more about their mission here. This blog is now linked to our Reece's Rainbow family profile which provides an opportunity for those who come across our blog and our story through their website to donate to our adoption. We are thankful for what Reece's Rainbow is doing.

Things with the adoption are continuing to move along slowly, but steadily. We are right now waiting for official matching approval from Hong Kong, which is the next in a series of steps that have to happen before we can travel to Hong Kong. We are excited thinking that 2014 will (fingers crossed) be the year that it happens. Happy New Year!