Pages

11.07.2015

one year home

It's been one year since we traveled to Hong Kong and brought Simon home to be part of our family. It has been a hard year, with challenges I never thought would be part of my mothering, but also with blessings and growth we could have experienced no other way. It has also been a beautiful year, that I know I will remember and cry about when I think of all the tender mercies that our family has experienced, and when I remember Simon's brave little heart and how he has come to love us and let us love him. I am so thankful that my Heavenly Father made a way for this little boy to be ours. He brings so much love and energy to our family and a change of pace and perspective that makes me more of who I want to be. We love him so much. I can't believe it's been a year, and then I can't believe it's only been a year. 



November 2014--pictures from the airport. 

 We celebrated this week with a trip to the children's museum and a dinner at Smashburgers because french fries.



Big boy on his first day of school this year. 

Love you Simon Kent!