Pages

1.16.2015

January news.

Thank goodness for January. It feels so good for life to slow down and normalize after the holidays--I think especially this year since we are still kind of finding our normal. Simon started school last week and it has been so much better than I thought it would be. I was feeling like we just got him here and have been missing him for so long and I didn't want to let him go four days a week for three hours a day. Then he went and loved it and is still loving it. He wants to get his backpack on and wants to get in the car to go. When we get there he wants me to stay with him, which makes me happy, but when I tell him I have to go and I'll be back, he does okay. It's also the best to see him get really excited when he sees us after school, and I know school is going to be so good for him. We are just loving our Simon. 

The first day of Simon's school Georgia and I went to get the car registered and happened to notice a frozen yogurt stop near by that seemed like a much better place to wait than inside of Jiffy Lube. Georgia kept saying, "Hope Simon's doing great." and I think she meant it, but I think she was also having an awesome time alone with mom for the first time in a pretty long time.


We had some impressive snow drifts in our yard this year that have provided hours of out side time--for the kids playing and for Taylor and I shoveling. The biggest drift was in front of our garage door. The second biggest one was on top of our chicken coop and it was almost the end of our chickens. Taylor saved them like a real farmer would. They spent a couple days in the garage while we baled out their coop and are back to their happy, egg-laying selves now. 

So that's the news from us so far this January. A new big boy (who I can't show pictures of--boo) in preschool and deadly snow drifts.