Pages

4.30.2014

still waiting

As far as our adoption goes we are still waiting patiently for matching approval (which is official approval from Hong Kong for us to adopt) We are excited because we just heard that it should come through in the next few weeks. Matching approval is a big step, and I am anxious, and I check my email compulsively. After we get approval, it should be about three or four months until we can travel. (could always be more though, of course) Anyway, it's feeling soon in a really good way to me. The kids are almost done with this year of school and I have had it in my head that we will travel shortly after they start school in the fall (we'll see how good that guess is). I think I am nesting. I also think that the closer we get to travel and the more steps in the process that we go through, the more and more my heart is tied up in this adoption and the more I love this little boy whom I have yet to meet and hold and hug. This adoption process so far has been a growing experience for me and an experience that has brought me closer to my Heavenly Father. It has also been a strengthening experience in our marriage and our family. I know there is a lot more learning and growing in store and I'm so thankful to be on this path.

On another note, here's a collection of recent pictures. Lego's are taking over our house this week with a vengeance after we went to the Lego movie last Saturday--a movie that hit really close to home. (because there are three boys at our house who play with Legos.)




Georgia loves this doll house.


Outside! At the gardens by our house, jump roping, and building a playhouse.